Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chicken Strips

I needed chicken strips for an appetizer I was making for Valentines day, and after emptying the freezer and only finding a bag of dinosaur chicken nuggets that the daycare kids eat, I figured I had better make some myself.

I decided on a Pioneer Woman recipe, mostly because it was the first one I looked at and I had a lot to do for Valentines day and I liked that she drizzled buttermilk into the flour to create extra crunchy bits on the chicken.


1 package of chicken tenders
Buttermilk
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp seasoned salt
vegetable oil for frying

Place chicken in a large bowl and cover with buttermilk.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

In a large bowl, add the flour and the seasoned salt.  Drizzle in about a half cup of buttermilk, mixing with a fork to create clumps in the flour.

Coat the chicken strips in the flour and fry in the hot oil until golden and crispy on both sides.

Pin It

No comments: