Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cranberry Bliss Cookies

I love the cranberry bliss bars from Starbucks, and last year I did make them, but as soon as I saw these cranberry bliss cookies form Gimme Some Oven I knew I had to include them in my holiday baking this year.  The finished cookies are supposed to have a drizzle of white chocolate on them but I was running very low on white chocolate so I skipped that and then I also ran out of the dried cranberries which is why the cranberry topping is so sparse.  Other than that though, these cookies are incredible, definitely my favourite holiday treat I have made this year.


Cookies:
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries

Frosting:
1 (8 oz.) bar cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups icing sugar

Topping:
1 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
 
Preheat oven to 350.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Fold in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.

Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop tablespoons of the dough onto paper.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Leave cookies to cool.

To make the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and melted white chocolate.  Add the vanilla, reduce speed to low and add the icing sugar and beat until smooth.

Spread the frosting on the cookies, top with the chopped cranberries and a drizzle of white chocolate.



Pin It

No comments: