Monday, June 1, 2009

Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers

A few weeks ago I got some really cheap poblano peppers, and as the hubby loves stuffed bell peppers so much, I thought I would try making stuffed poblanos for him. They turned out great and the hubby loved them!



4 poblano peppers
1 large chicken breast
1 onion
1 box of mexican rice
1 can of rotel
1/4 tsp chili powder
Pinch of ceyenne pepper
Monterey jack cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream for serving

Preheat the oven to 375
Cut the tops off the peppers and clean out the seeds
Prepare the mexican rice per instructions on the box
While rice is cooking, cut chicken breast into chunks and brown in skillet with a little oil
Add diced onion, the tops of the peppers diced, the chili powder and ceyenne pepper
Let cook for a couple of minutes, then add the rotel and the cooked mexican rice
Fill each pepper with the chicken and rice mixture and place in baking dish
Bake for 30 minutes
Remove poblano peppers from the oven and cover with as much shredded monterey jack cheese as you like
Bake for an additional 10 minutes, serve with sour cream

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah - I am from houston also! I am going to make this tonight and I will let you know how my Hubby likes it...It looks Delish!